London (change)
Today 18°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 19°C / 11°C
4 messages
02/04/2013 at 20:04
Anyone knows why this happens? Currently our Japanese peace Lilly and our spider plant are affected. Both have healthy leaves when you feel them (and think I'm watering them enough)
02/04/2013 at 20:14

Do you mist the leaves?  Dry tips to the leaves of houseplants sometimes occur when the atmosphere is too dry for them - particularly likely at this time of year when the central heating's been one for much of the time.  

Try misting them, and possibly standing the pots on a tray of pebbles and water - this will moisten the atmosphere around them.  You won't cure the leaves that have the brown tips already, but hopefully you'll prevent any more appearing. 

02/04/2013 at 20:23

It could also be over-watering-they do not put on much growth in the winter and only really start getting going now-only water when needed even to the point they wilt-rather than on a regular basis

More house plants are lost through over-watering than anything else

02/04/2013 at 20:24

Misting the leaves regularly really does help a lot of plants stay healthy, stops a lot of bugs too.  I never had any  luck with peace lillies, think I like the heating on way too much for them. If you have a badly affected spider plant, I have been known to trim off the brown tips. Wont save that leaf but does look a lot better

email image
4 messages