London (change)
Today 28°C / 18°C
Tomorrow 27°C / 17°C
5 messages
15/06/2012 at 10:43

I have three large old cherry trees in my garden and they are all looking very sad.  I fear one is already dead as it had very few leaves last year andnone this year.  The other two looked great and had a lot of blossom but all of a sudden they have lost most of their leaves.  There is a little bit of sap from the main trunk on all of them.  Could it be the weather we are having here in Scotland or could they be diseased?

15/06/2012 at 11:19

It's very unlikely to be anything to do with the weather unless they're waterlogged. Oozing sap makes me think of canker, which seems to be thriving this year - have a look here to see if the symptoms look familiar.

21/06/2012 at 18:30

I came onto the forum because my tree is looking very sorry for itself.  Lovely big tree, great blossom, but now the leaves are patchy & turn ing brown in places.  I walked up the street & three large trees are in a similar condition.  This is Lincolnshire.  Lots of annual plants are looking very poorly this year too, just not thriving.  too much rain, too little sun???  that's what I'm hoping.  Seems odd everyone's trees should be dying at the same time unless it is something environmental?

21/06/2012 at 18:45

Here in the northeast all the cherry trees in my local area, and there are many. Have, I've noticed, very few leaves, look blackened and are beginning to drop what little fruit they had, still green. No cherries this year !!  

19/06/2013 at 12:12

Is there any hope for a cherry tree that's losing it's bark? Is it carpenter ants??

email image
5 messages