Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Erodium Bishops Form

Why is this?

It flowered in its first year, in a raised flower bed, and then never since (that was 3 years ago). Haven't moved it. Free draining, lots of sun, lovely leaves and seems very lush.

Am I doing something wrong?!

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    I havent grown this plant, but usually if something is very lush and dosent want to flower it may be too well looked after, try a high potash feed (tomato food) for a few weeks, if this is a plant that can be divided, that can also aid flowering, hope you get it sorted image
  • Good point Bekkie.

Everything else in that bed flowers well though and I have never pampered it - honest image

Some plants are just plain awkward tho arent they image
  • Yup!

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 3,502

I can't help with your problem Jess, but thank you - you have just ID'd a plant for meimageimage

I look up all the names I don't recognise just out of interest and lo and behold yours was one of my mysteries! I tried to ID it before but every time it looked at it I had 'dianthus cruentus' in my head which is nothing like...image

Wearside, England.

Glad it helped!

This is a great site for gathering info and advice.

that said, I'm no closer to understanding why my erodium won't flower and if I need to change something....image

Try the feed first jess image
  • Will do - tomato feed in the watering can as we speak image

One thing I don't understand though - if they are too lush and being too well looked after, how does feeding them work?

I wouldn't have a clue. Mine had a drainpipe lying on it for part of last year, not sure if it flowered then.

Why don't you split it, if it's large enough, like Bekkie said and put the other piece in some different conditions?

Mine's in partial shade now, only gets sun from the east although it says it prefers full sun...

Wearside, England.

Soz- didn't see other replies til I posted...

Wearside, England.