Start a new thread

1 to 3 of 3 replies

My back garden is about 12m x 12m surrounded by a 2m high wooden fence.  I live in an urban area.  I have a problem with fox wandering the garden during the night.  i have 2 - 3 year old lhasa apso dogs who run around the back garden during the day and early evening.  If there was a confrontation betweeen the fox and the dogs I am concerned the dogs may get harmed or worse !   -   Any suggestions please ?

Doghouse Riley
Stephen Lawrence says:

My back garden is about 12m x 12m surrounded by a 2m high wooden fence.  I live in an urban area.  I have a problem with fox wandering the garden during the night.  i have 2 - 3 year old lhasa apso dogs who run around the back garden during the day and early evening.  If there was a confrontation betweeen the fox and the dogs I am concerned the dogs may get harmed or worse !   -   Any suggestions please ?

See original post

It's unlikely that foxes will bother your dogs, they wouldn't bother a cat.Their first instinct is to run away.

We had a mother and six cubs under our summerhouse last year. The mother wouldn't come into the garden if there was a cat in it. The only time they might be aggressive, is if a mother believed her cubs in a den were under threat.

I'd suggest that if a fox is visiting your garden, they may be looking for somewhere to build a den. So have check round for likely places (they are good at digging under wooden outbuildings) and take some preventative measures.

Last edited: 10 January 2018 16:59:00