London (change)
Today 9°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 10°C
4 messages
21/09/2012 at 16:28

It is so good at last to see it has become really trendy to have a turfed lawn again instead of unsightly gravel and brick. We have noticed this is happening in lots of Bristol homes recently as mock pebbly garden beaches are being removed e-mass. Probably the younger householders have at last realised the problem of weeds plus unsightly mess every time a family car is driven out leaving a trail of stones left behind down the road. One wonders what is to become of all this massive amount gravel, surely it will not be sent to landfill ? Could I suggest perhaps that it should be sent to say, nearby Portishead, we could then have our very own Chesil beach reaching out into the Severn estuary ! 

21/09/2012 at 16:32

A sort of Severn barrage,bring back turf.Although in some cases its o.k. but me I'm a turf girl.

21/09/2012 at 17:08

There was a similar discussion recently that might be of interest~

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/the-potting-shed/get-rid-of-your-lawns/5152.html

21/09/2012 at 17:18
"could I suggest that perhaps it should be sent to say, nearby Portishead"
Nooooooooo! LOL, recently went down portishead, the geological formations on the beach are amazing. Plus it's a site of Special Scientific Interest(SSI) so any chance of dumping chippings over it are out the window. P.S. I know you were only joking.
email image
4 messages