Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Hardy Annuals

Hello, just wondering what would be best to sow direct this autumn. I'm really pleased with Nigella (love in mist) this summer so will have a go with them, but wanted a few other suggestions. 

What are your favourites? 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Last year I did a mix of poppies, candytuft, clarkia and nigella and they all did great with no maintenance whatsoever, apart from ripping them out when they were finished...

This year I'm sowing pretty much the same plus a white cornflower and a random pack of 'bee' seeds. 

Wearside, England.
  • CaralCaral Posts: 301

Thanks hollie hock sounds like a lovely combination, unfortunately I won't really have the room for any more pots. image 

Thanks Victoria, that's exactly what I'm after, no maintenance.  I want to sow in small section, and then completely ignore. Only because I'm so hot on the weeding, that I end up weeding out everything I've sown. image I like the sound of white cornflowers, and candytuft is always a sure bet.  I've not heard of clarkia so off to have a look at those now. image 

• CaralCaral Posts: 301

Just had a thought, what about aquilegia sown direct?

They always seem to do exceptionally well in my garden, I actually thought they were a weed until recently. image