Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help - Aubergines & Peppers

I sowed some Aubergines & Peppers (early long purple 2 & sweet colour rainbow mixed), at the end of March, indoors. They have been in the greenhouse in troughs for some time now, but the 2 pepper plants are only between 5 & 6 inches in height ( to highest leaf), while the 2 Aubergine plants are 6" & 12". The plants look healthy enough, except for the lack of height. They are watered about every other day, and are protected from the full sun- when we get it, that is, with shading. My Tomatoes were sown at the same time & some Squash plants a month later, both are doing far better. Any thoughts anyone?

• Tina5Tina5 Posts: 46

My peppers are a bit stunted this year, I've been thinking it may have been a bit cold for them. They've only just got buds on them, so I've potted them on and given them a good feed, and it'sbeen much warmer here the last few days, so perhaps they'll catch up a bit.

• Bob177Bob177 Posts: 43
    Tina5 wrote (see)

My peppers are a bit stunted this year, I've been thinking it may have been a bit cold for them. They've only just got buds on them, so I've potted them on and given them a good feed, and it'sbeen much warmer here the last few days, so perhaps they'll catch up a bit.

Hi Tina, I did wonder if it was due to the weeks of dismal weather we have had. There are no obvious signs to me, of buds appearing on the tallest Aubergine plant as yet. Lets hope we get a prolonged spell of sunshine.