Start a new thread

321 to 340 of 810 replies

Rosie......for £6 I'd be more than happy to sponsor one

Rosie31

Hi Philippa - that would be great - I'll find out how it works!  (Here is a photo of the prototype for the planters - they'll be waterproofed and lined too.  Being made by one of the volunteers.  I think they look not bad for a few quid, what do you think?)

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/p235x350/1925351_767929319884215_1206683048_n.jpg

nutcutlet

That's quite big.

If I'd been flooded and had one of those I'd fill it with rootings and cuttings, cadged or donated by generous people and grow them on for the future 

Rosie...........they look good to me  An excellent idea to provide a bit of pleasure for those in the flooded areas. 

Advertisement

artjak

They look wonderful; what a brilliant idea. Tell us where to send the money

artjak

Rosie, I've PMd you

Rosie31

Hi Nut

Yes, that's exactly right!  I think the aim is to get one of these (at least!) to every garden that has been destroyed.  That's in addition to all our donated plants, and the plants that the local volunteers will be growing on from our seed donations.  Seems like a good plan to me...

And Artjak, thanks for your PM, I don't know why it was rejecting you!  I've replied, let me know if you don't get it.

I've just found out how to use the smiley icons!

R

artjak

Rosie; another PM

artjak

Rosie check PM to see if it is working

There are several Gardening Clubs I believe in that area, so that may be one way to arrange distribution. I've got the various phone numbers from the freebie Somerset Country Gardener magazine and as I live in Bath, you can count me in.

artjak

Lizzie, any info you can get hold of, would be good.

Rosie31

Great Lizzie, that could be a big help. Any ideas welcome!

Rosie31

Saturday morning bump!

Have you had any more seeds arriving, GJ?

Advertisement

Dovefromabove

I'll be sending a batch to GJ next week - have been sorting stuff out and also have some from my daughter 

Rosie31

That's great, Dove - thank you!

artjak

bump and have a great weekend to everyone who is helping the Flooded Gardens, or even thinking about it