London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
22/03/2014 at 14:02

Lizzie27, I have sent you a PM.  See you Tuesday!

22/03/2014 at 17:30

Panda, I don't get the magazine; what does it say? will it get more people involved do you think?

22/03/2014 at 21:11

Hi Rosie,

I don't seem able to reply to your PM tonight - don't know why - stupid computer!

I can do Tuesday about 3pm. Husband suggests it's safer to meet actually in the car park rather than the laybys as that junction is so busy, so from Bath I will be turning left into car park and you will be doing a right turn. Is that okay? Will try to post a PM with my phone no, and car reg as soon as computer lets me!

22/03/2014 at 21:31

I hope so Artjak! Took a pic so you can see the beginning of the article for yourself! you is famous now!!

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/40020.jpg?width=512&height=350&mode=max

23/03/2014 at 02:39

Oh bugger! How much do I miss by not being on here enough? Kids, house, work, then garden is my reward, so forum is a secondary reward. Now, after a herculean effort, EVERY SINGLE ROOM in my house is clean and tidy, from top to bottom, ALL AT ONCE! Not one room storing crap! I'm a cross between an obsessive hoarder and obsessive compulsive cleaner! The max put out today for council to take.I am so pleased with myself, that I went out in garden today in pissing down rain to do what I needed to, urgently. My boys both had friends over 'cos I was not too embarrassed to ask thier Mums in. I feel EPIC! Right, now, I will try to answer you all individually in one post, but it may not work out that way. Me being so crap at IT! 

But before I answer all of your lovely posts, I must tell you all that Daniel, our moderator, sent me a package of seeds today. However, I'm a little disappointed, I must say, as, if he asked around his colleagues, in his job, we could have loads more! But, his message gave me a boost, thanking me, and the poor bugger has to cope mostly with our complaints and probs with the forum.  I have thanked him for his care, but then asked him to put a paragraph in the Mag. Mine came today, haven't had time to open it, but there is already a mention? How do I rescind a nagging message? Oh, now I feel so bad for nagging that lovely man.

Right, now I am posting this reply in case I lose it while replying to you all.

Daniel, I'm not having 'a go', but will you please ask around? You've been lovely.

23/03/2014 at 06:01

ok, folks, i've had a few, but will try to answer you all.please excuse me if I ramble!

Rosie, I'm not wonderful, all of the members who send seeds are.All i do is sit here and get lovely packages, then file them ready to send. One more week and the box for now goes so that those who are growing for the unfortunate can get a good go at it. We can still ask for more seeds/plants in a more leisurely manner when immediate results are not so neccessary. 250 packets doesn't actually look like much, once filed away. How many gardens are we talking about?

Artjak is,wonderful for the idea, and you are for the work you have put in.I am not comfortable with the praise that I am getting. All I do is get the seeds, and will send them on. Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy! You are chasing up everyone for plant transport, and running the whole shebang. Found where I should send the seeds, when all I thought of was collecting them. I left it to you to tell me where to send them. 

So, I am giving YOU an 'official' title. 'Head Boss and Co-ordinator for the Flood Appeal'. The wording can be worked on, but it must show your efforts. And once decided on, you will have a card to prove it, as you did for me!

KEF. you are obviously not a member who could be called into the 'seedaholics' thread. As far as I know, you are the only person who went out, deliberately, to buy seeds to send, to help. That makes you very sad (why did you not have seeds of your own to part with) But also extremely generous. Not in the amount of money you spent, but that you did, and that you thought of seeds that could work, now. You have shamed all the rest of us 'seedaholics', and shown true,altruism.  Of all of the rest of us who gave seeds, we gave excess, or thse that we then realised we could not grow.

Artjak, are you a bit bewildered by what you have started? Did you ever think it might become so big? I was asking Daniel tonight whether GW might consider a paragraph, then I find it is already done! I'm so slow!

Philippa, yours are the only 'home collected' seeds so far. And it is yours that I am not sure how to classify. Also, I believe that if plants can be got to you, you might be able to move them to where they may be needed most?

If any of you have any issue with what I Have said, or can help further, please PM me. in reply. i will pm my phone no, as I believe that some more direct contact is neccessary to move this cause onwards.

Sport Relief has already raised a record amount of money,£51 million and it has not all been counted in, yet. Only a small proportion of that is actually spent HERE.

I am not expecting that we can raise anything like that amount of money.  But wouldn't it be great if we could raise money for  disadvantaged or disabled gardeners. All organically, selling our excess, and including ANY disadvantaged people WITHOUT specific problems. Include those without specific disabilities. Just don't have the space, or can't get away due to caring for parents or kids.Sharing space, like IncredibleEdilble. If a tiny town like Todmorden can do it, maybe we can collectively at least avoid taxes, and grow some unusual fruit and veg at the same time?

So far, this forum has shown that gardeners care about others. Can we use that, after we have got the 'Gardens' back up and running?

We have Comic Relief, Sport Relief, and any other number of reliefs., Oh, and Children in Need.. Pudsey in all of his guises. Does Pudsey ever raise £51 million to support children in our own country? I donated to Sport Relief yesterday. When I saw a British need. They were hard to find. My blooodline is very uncertain. My Dad was the only black child of 10 kids from the same mother. she never brought any of them up.only admitted t

23/03/2014 at 08:05

Gjeannie - take a breather and have a sit down!!!   My little package should be with you tomorrow 

Oh, and by the way,all the money that Pudsey and Children in Need raise is spent on children in the UK.  I know you'll be interested to know that very many of the children I worked with benefited hugely from Children in Need funding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008dk4b/features/grants 

23/03/2014 at 11:38

Hi folks,  rain plus hailstones has stopped play this morning in Bath which is annoying as I was going to see if I could dig up some more plants to go on Tuesday to Rosie.

Hopefully I can run in and out later on between showers.

Rosie, I still can't PM you which is driving me nuts so will text you later with my details.

23/03/2014 at 15:23

gardenj, yes, I am amazed by the response, but I shouldn't be really as the forumatti are good people. There was a little bit of negativity at the beginning but most of us kept being relentlessly positive and it seems to have worked

I'm growing 'extra' to sell to friends and at my front gate unless I hear that I should take plants down to Somerset.

Will pm you

23/03/2014 at 17:06

Hi Rosie31,

Have sent you a text, so hope you have received it.

23/03/2014 at 17:34

GJeannie...........I'm really sorry my seeds are giving you a hard time........like an idiot, I didn't make a list of what I sent but I suspect I can remember most.  How are you classifying ?  I think I gave you my email address earlier.........be easier to do it that way?

As for the plant staging post..........I explained in a previous post about shortage of space but can take some plants for a limited time.  Provided I know where I am headed I can deliver round this area so here as and when needed.  

23/03/2014 at 17:34

Bump for Flossie and Pongo

23/03/2014 at 19:16

Woof and bump

24/03/2014 at 11:43

morning bump

24/03/2014 at 12:37

A very big thank you to Peter at Moat Road Nursery in Terrington St. Clements Norfolk, for donating about 200 flower pots and he is going to carry on stock-piling them for us

24/03/2014 at 13:11

Hey Peter, great stuff!  Thank you!

24/03/2014 at 13:26

Obviously Saint Peter!!! 

24/03/2014 at 13:44

Dove

24/03/2014 at 19:49

I'm amazed - I've just loaded 60 odd plants into my car, ready to meet up with Rosie tomorrow, didn't realise I had so many to go.  I've put most of them in cardboard boxes Rosie, and if you don't have room to take them all, I am happy to take the remainder down to the Levels one day soon if you let me know where.

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow about 3 ish.

24/03/2014 at 20:21

My lovely neighbours who are farmers tell me they have a shed full of flower pots if/when we need them.