London (change)
Today 13°C / 4°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 7°C
581 to 591 of 591 messages
16/04/2014 at 00:24

Bump after seeing amazing opera; Aida in King's Lynn tonight, wow what incredible singing ...and they say that no culture happens outside the M25!

16/04/2014 at 08:13

ooooh, Aida!  I sang in that as part of a community choir supporting Welsh National Opera - in the Millennium Centre in Cardiff - fanTAStic!  We were the 'grand chorus' in THAT scene.  Brilliant fun.

16/04/2014 at 09:14

Rosie, how wonderful; are you a soprano?

16/04/2014 at 09:31

Art - was it part of the KL festival (?wrong time of year?).  My grandparents and Aunt were avid festival goers - plenty to keep culture vultures happy in that corner of the country

16/04/2014 at 17:15

Chicky, I don't think it was part of the Festival; they do ballet and Opera once or twice a year. We saw the ballet last year; the stage is so small that the corps de ballet had to discreetly shimmy into the wings every time a principal did a solo

I've also seen an amateur orchestra (who shall remain nameless) who didn't do badly, but from time to time the violin section seemed to lose the will to live

I actually love these performances every bit as much as I used to enjoy going to the Royal Opera House and ENO.

16/04/2014 at 17:58

Hi Artjak, yes I'm a sop!   Are you a singer?

16/04/2014 at 19:19

Yes, I was an alto, albeit a rather growly one, but age and loose living mean I'm now in the tenor range Hey...if Placido Domingo can go from tenor to baritone in his sixties, why can't I at 66 go to tenor?

16/04/2014 at 22:13

Oh, I'm so jealous - I'd just love to be able to sing but apparently I'm tone deaf, with no sense of rhymn so my children disown me at weddings/funerals. I've also got a lower voice than most women so can't reach the high notes and just to round things off, slightly deaf as well!   No chance

Yesterday at 08:04

Lizzie - my mum was a singing teacher and believe me, EVERYONE can sing!

And artjak, you're lucky - most choirs I know would give their back teeth for a female tenor, they are like gold dust!  I know two and their voices are gooorrrrrgggeeeoouusss....

Yesterday at 20:22

TRANSPORT OFFERED:  Is anyone going to the Gloucester Quays Garden Show over the Easter weekend?  If so we have an offer of transport for plants back from there to Somerset...from one of the stall holders who is based on the levels...

Yesterday at 20:38

Sorry Rosie, I forgot to wish you a Happy Easter this afternoon - too many other things on my mind. 

And Happy Easter and good gardening to everybody else.

P.S I bet your mum would struggle with me!

email image
581 to 591 of 591 messages