Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help I don't want my plum tree to die!

Hi

I am a complete gardening novice so any advice would bre great. I bought htis victoria plum tree last autumn and this spring it came up with leaves and blossomed all great a thought, but in the last few days it has started to wilt and the plums have srivelled up. What am I doing wrong, do I need to feed it? if so what do I need to feed it, am I not watering it enough? is it not getting enough light?  have taken some photos but I am not sure how to load them onto this.

Many Thanks

Andrea

• What is the soil like and how much have you watered it since planting?

• To be honest I am not really sure, my dad always says it is sandy, I live in Surrey Heath if that helps, I have not been watering it as up to now its seemed to be doing fine on its own. I have only fed it once when i planted it last autumn with bonemeal. I did read that they like full sun and I have just notice that the neighbouring tree seems to be looming over it so I have just gone out and trimmed that back. There is also a young buddlea (not sure of spelling) near to it that seems to be going Bonkers! Thanks

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 88,138

New trees need regular and copious watering in late spring and summer for at least the first year of their lives image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.