Start a new thread

1 to 5 of 5 replies

stinkykopf

Help. New ""emerald gaiety" have A LOT of leaf drop. In addition, theres some white mold/mildew stuff under the bark,..my silver queens( maybe kings I dunno) have weird mushrooms like honey mushrooms around them and some soil l

ooks like
Brown rotten globs of yuck. Just had landscape put in for a lot of money about 6 months ago...landscaper seems to know zilch.help

Kitty 2

Bit confused , but I'll give it a go 

We're talking about Euonymus fortunei....yes?

Leaf drop issue:  Were the plants well watered after planting? Newly planted shrubs need extra watering until they establish a good spread of roots into the soil.  Could be a reaction to drying out.

Mushrooms:  Can't see any in the pics, but probably just normal fungal growth, breaking down the bark mulch.

Stem problem:  Could be mildew or Euonymus scale insect. Can't see clearly in the pics. Here's a link to the rhs page with more info....

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/97545/Euonymus-fortunei-Emerald-Gaiety-(v)/Details

Kitty 2

Well done ! I hadn't the faintest idea of what 'stinkykopf' was talking about !!!

Kitty 2

Thanks Paul.  Fortunately I am fluent in gobbledygook 😁.  It's my first language, English is my second 😆😆😆.

(no offence intended stinky, just having a laugh)