Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Help!

Hi everyone. I'm a new member and would love some advice on what's going wrong with my photinia (red robin) hedge. There has been a massive leaf drop in the past two weeks and the leaves have some black spots on them. Not sure how to post a photo on here but I can do if I can work it out! Thanks.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

first of all Welcome Patsy: it's not unusual for evergreens to shed leaves,  Holly does it around July. Has it dried out in the unseasonally dry weather, esp. if you have light soil?  Have a look, maybe give it  a light feed and mulch to conserve water.

Devon.
  • Patsy8Patsy8 Posts: 4

Thanks very much.  Yes it did seem very dry underneath and so I think you might be right.  I've given in a lot of water and some plant food and I'll get some mulch,  Best wishes,

• Mine loses some at this time of year, just moved a large standered one and that look very poorly for about a week but happy to say it's doing well now 

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

Mine shed large amounts of old leaves at this time of year, just as the new growth begins

Thank you very much everyone. Much appreciated!????????????
    Sorry not sure how all those question marks got there!!