London (change)
Today 15°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 8°C
3 messages
13/06/2012 at 16:45

can anyone help................soooooooooooooooo disappointed that the hibiscus i recieved which have been planted for some weeks now in john innes no 3 in pots and in sunny sheltered spot are just doing nothing....................they were the 2 hibiscus offered to us via the magazine for the price of the postage £4.99...............was the offer too good to be true i ask myself....................

13/06/2012 at 17:08

Patience is a virtue in gardening.    After repotting they may well be concentrating on increasing their root system, especially as it's a bit cold for top growth just recently.  Mine, which have been in the garden 10 years and are well established are only just putting on foliage since a couple of weeks ago and won't flower for weeks yet.

13/06/2012 at 18:08

thanks for that reply...............lets hope that something happens as there is nothing i can do that would improve the problem............they were totally new bare root plants........so here's hoping and will certainly keep you posted the minute i see anything happening.........

email image
3 messages