London (change)
Today 12°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 6°C
21 to 30 of 30 messages
14/03/2013 at 15:18

I could refer you to a thread where a student was verbally ripped to pieces for daring to ask people to respond to a questionnaire and not saying enough pleases and thank yous, so my concern was to protect this young man - who struck me as possibly not having English as a first language -  from such unpleasantness.

As for looking forward, you have no idea what I may or may not have done since I retired and you might be surprised. I don't mind marshmello having a laugh at my expense but I do mind rudeness, though I'm not going to respond in kind. Thank you MMP for your kind defence of me. This kiind of squabble is frankly stupid as well as rude. I think I'll bow out.

14/03/2013 at 16:01

Don't bow out completely GG, I and I'm sure lots of other enjoy your comments.

14/03/2013 at 16:04

There are 20 replies on this thread (now 21).

Only one of them gives the fellow some useful advice -

Mummy Muddy Paws wrote (see)

Farouk, you could try the GROW website, there is a wealth of information on there about horticulture jobs, the skills employers want, and the myriad of different jobs on offer in horticulture.  There's a list of horticulture jobs, what each one involves, and where to go for more information.  There's also a list of live jobs on there for when you leave college.

A lot of employers are looking for a qualification (to prove you have an aptitude for the job you're applying for), enthusiasm for your chosen subject, and a willingness to work hard and keep learning.  Best of luck with your course.

The rest consist of a lot of bickering and squabbling.

What sort of impression do you think that this gives other people.

Don't answer that.

You're all in detention. The lot of you. MummyPaws can go.

14/03/2013 at 16:42

I've finished my lines, is it time for the cross-country run now? All this should be water off a ducks back, and if it isn't why not? We're all the faceless multitude, and if we were all the same how boring it would be.

14/03/2013 at 16:44

Runs to catch early bus home

14/03/2013 at 16:51

I stand corrected, will never happen again!

19/03/2013 at 02:32

You don't know me, because I have never really used this forum before, but come on you lot, you are supposed to be happy gardener's talking about gardening.  I came onto this site from my own gardening sites to check out what you were all up to.  I think you should all check out what we are up to instead:

https://plus.google.com/b/113740592964380943733/113740592964380943733/posts

I have the utmost respect for Gardeners' World, it has been my inspiration for years. Please don't waste this forum, use it to learn about gardening from each other.

Liz

19/03/2013 at 09:52

Welcome to the forum, buddy. With respect, you've picked on a very atypical thread as an excuse to give us a homily about bad behaviour. Mostly, we're helpful, hopeful, cheerful, happy, positive, discursive, kind, generous with our time and always up for a bit of joshing.

19/03/2013 at 10:26
buddy wrote (see)

You don't know me, because I have never really used this forum before, but come on you lot, you are supposed to be happy gardener's talking about gardening.  I came onto this site from my own gardening sites to check out what you were all up to.  I think you should all check out what we are up to instead:

https://plus.google.com/b/113740592964380943733/113740592964380943733/posts

I have the utmost respect for Gardeners' World, it has been my inspiration for years. Please don't waste this forum, use it to learn about gardening from each other.

Liz

And by the same token this is one thread out of thousands, you are right, we don't know you, but you appear to have decided you know 'us'. Nevermind, having chastised us, you then shamelessly plug your own blog. Hmm, perhaps have a read of the literally thousands of posts of good advice, empathy, in some cases sympathy, and support that is offered by 99% of everyone on these forums. Everyone has off days and every forum is beset with trolls who post to provoke reaction. Perhaps if people weren't so quick to judge, then the forum would be a nicer place for everyone. Good luck with your website anyways, I'm sure plenty here will bookmark, as we all know, you can never stop learning.

21/03/2013 at 11:47

Well we never heard back from farouk-just pointing out that this appeared today-now I would respond to a request like this-it was put in a friendly manner

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/fruit-andamp-veg/grow-lights/76454.html

email image
21 to 30 of 30 messages