London (change)
Today 20°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 14°C
12 messages
26/05/2013 at 13:04

i have just bought an x hose, but it is threaded at the tap end,  i tried homebase bq and plumbase to see if i could get an adaptor fitting that will fit on to  a hozelock tap adaptor but no joy.it looks as if the x hose will only connect to an outside tap threaded ,which i dont have.i live in a four in a block upstairs and ran previous hose out of the bathroom window. anyone know anyone with an xhose who has experienced similarproblems.

26/05/2013 at 13:10

i have a hozelock tap adapttor fitted on my bathroom cold tap,with male end protruding from tap standard. i gave old hose and reel away and paid £89.99 for this new fangled expanding hose and they dont even supply you with an adaptor for standard hozelock fittings, i saw a conversionkit for amixer tap that would leave it threaded at the tip but i dont have a mixer tap.

26/05/2013 at 15:41

There is a hozelock web site which sells all sorts of odd and older size threaded hosewashers for taps, got some for our old outdoor tap last year.  Not expensive and quick service. 

26/05/2013 at 17:25

cheers, ive sent a email to hozelock explaining the problem. the girl at x hose is sending out an adaptor but is not sure if its the right one

27/05/2013 at 11:08

that's what happened here, when the first wasn't right, they sent me another which did work - hope it goes well for you too. 

08/08/2013 at 16:45

The following item has been advertised on Amazon this week:
Garden Expandable Stretch Hose Adaptors Connector Quick Connect Tap and Spray Appliance

This product is designed with X-hose or compatible in mind

Follow the link for additional details

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DOLI3BU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AJCN2LD93PX8X

Hope this helps -

Regards - Seris

08/08/2013 at 18:03

I have just ordered some fittings and hose from Amazon they have a very large hozelock selection with pictures and comments also reviews, find it very good worth a look.

I have the misfortune to be in upstairs flat so have to use kitchen sink filling buckets.etc.

12/10/2013 at 15:51

I got the xhose but needed a Hozelock 2177 adapter which fits to my kitchen tap but not the xhose, so now I need a Hozelock-to-Xhose adapter. I'm ordering the item from the amazon link above and hoping to heck it works! 

12/10/2013 at 18:00

Just be very careful when fitting the adaptor to the xhose.  If you damage the xhose fitting it can't be repaired!!

06/05/2014 at 15:18

What you need is a Hozelock flat hose connector 2170. Made for the job.

13/06/2014 at 13:59
When i connect my xhose inner hose to the fitting when I turn on the tap the water pressure makes the hose come off there seems nothing to secure hose on to the fitting unlike other standard hose fittings which have a threaded tightener any solutions cheers
06/07/2014 at 09:02

Can anyone tell me if I could use the x hose from the kitchen taps please? I don't have an outside tap and all I can find is about mixer taps. If not can anyone recommend a hose that would fit on to kitchen tap. Thank you

email image
12 messages