Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

ID this plant

Can someone kindly ID this plant? Came with a flower bouquet and roots quite readily.

• Lion SLion S Posts: 263

I think it's some kind of Dracena. This one might be Dracena fragrans 'Gold Coast'.

• SalinoSalino Posts: 1,609

...I was just going to say the same as above.. Dracaena fragrans..however I thought the variety 'Lime Green'....

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

Yeah, I'd say Dracaena fragrans varigata, a very lanky one, not getting enough light.

• I thought at first it was a type of grass such as Arundo donax. The cane is  bamboo like but the leaves not right for Arundo.

Dracaena is a possibility - trying to find a pic of fresh trunk to check.

Thanks everyone!

• Jim MacdJim Macd Posts: 750

It is definitely a Dracaena my first thought was what's known in the trade as a Yellow Stipe, but I'm pretty certain it's a lanky fragrans. Has it ever flowered? They smell very lovely and drip lots of sticky nectar. 

• Jim Macd wrote (see)

It is definitely a Dracaena my first thought was what's known in the trade as a Yellow Stipe, but I'm pretty certain it's a lanky fragrans. Has it ever flowered? They smell very lovely and drip lots of sticky nectar. 

Thanks - literally only had it a  month or so. It was foliage in a bouquet of flowers for the wife. I thought it had potential for rooting and the foliage is nice. It has started to root.

• Tropical SamTropical Sam Posts: 1,488

It is Dracena sanderiana, often used in aquariums and also called ''Lucky bamboo