London (change)
Today 25°C / 17°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 17°C
9 messages
02/05/2013 at 18:34

Hi can anyone help, i got my Lemon Scented Pelargonium back in june 2010.

It came in flower,i was going to take pictures of the flowers but i thought it will flower again my mistake never flowered since.

So i thought i should re-pot it and that would help,did that sunday just gone and all the leafs went yellow and brown then fell off by tuesday.

Not sure what to do now ,maybe ive done anuff damage .

Ive just checked my plant 10mins ago,i can see very small light green bumps on the brown woody stem.

02/05/2013 at 21:56

Leave it alone for a while and see if the green bumps turn into new shoots and foliage.  Most people grow lemon scented pelargoniums for the foliage, not the flowers, and mine has never flowered in 3 years but I make a great ice cream by infusing overnight some of the leaves in heated milk and cream and then following a standard recipe with eggs and sugar to make the ice cream.  Great served with fresh red fruits such as redcurrants or raspberries or strawberries.

04/05/2013 at 18:51

Well i've just checked on my Lemon Scented Pelargonium,im sad to say that it has died  .

The bright green bumps have fallen off, are brown and the stem looks black.

Thanks anyway obelixx.

04/05/2013 at 19:35

The scented pelargoniums are grown for their foliage but I think they need sharper drainage than normal pelargoniums.

04/05/2013 at 19:45

They can often be picked at boot sales etc. When you do get another one as an insurance policy, cut off  a stem 3" approx in length just below one of the green bumps (nodes) you spoke of, remove the lower leaves and place in a cup of water (ensuring there are no leaves below the water line). Put in a bright spot and wait until the roots have developed, pot up and you will have another plant. 

04/05/2013 at 20:34

Thanks Daintiness,i'll go to some carboot sales this year, you never know i might get one cheaper from there.

The one i've just lost i got on ebay,it was on auction and with the two pound odd postage it came to £30.

04/05/2013 at 22:07

Cheaper to go to a garden centre or nursery or get a cutting from a friend if you can.

Good luck with the next one.

04/05/2013 at 22:18

Thanks obelixx.

05/05/2013 at 00:03

That's very expensive.....£30 for pelargonium?

You will get a collection of them for that .....they grow very fast

email image
9 messages