Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Infection on rose leaves

Munstead Wood in a tub.  Transplanted it week before last from crowded garden bed in John Innes No. 3,  handfull of granular rose feed gently dug in around base, watered in and mulched with farmyard or horse manure, I forget which.

Took a couple of days to perk up after putting it in the tub.  All fine for another few days then today I have a couple of leaves as in the photo.

Does this look like a leaf scorch or some nasty disease?  Not sure what to do and will be so disappointed if it spreads and rose doesn't recover.  All advice welcome.  Thank you.

Last edited: 29 May 2016 03:12:22

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

A touch of scorch or stress yarrow. Nothing to worry about.

• yarrow2yarrow2 Posts: 782

Dave - thanks for that.  Today (Sunday) quite a few leaves on all the stems have also turned like those above.  It's only it's 2nd year (though I wouldn't know how long it had been in the centre where I bought it) and I've been worrying that it hasn't got off to a great start with me.   I'll think positive though that a few weeks will see it looking perkier.  Many thanks.