Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

information on seed potatoes.

Hi folks. I live in Derbyshire  and both my wife and myself love a potato called CULTRA. Can anyone please give me details where I may purchase any CULTRA seed potatoes. I would prefer to have them from north of Derbyshire but as a last resort would accept them from any part of U.K. Thanking you all in anticipation of getting some valuable info. Regards. Johnny Mac.

• turmericturmeric Posts: 830

Wow, see what you mean Johnnymac, I've googled them and really struggled to find a supplier.  I did find Dundry Nurseries who had them listed but they're currently out of stock.  Maybe worth contacting them to ask when they'll be back in stock?  They seem to be an Irish variety so perhaps they're harder to source over here in England?  Good luck though, they sound nice.

You beat me to it hostaimage

• Thank you jekylandhide and Hostafan1. I have tried them and they are still out of stock. No reply as to when they will be in stock either. Thank you for your replies.

Johnny I also found the breeders details based in Ireland.  They had the supplier listed as Cullen Potatoes.  Is it worth contacting them to ask if they know of a smaller, domestic supplier as I presume they're the suppliers for supermarkets etc.

• Thank you .I will try and get in contact with them. Ta.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 34,888

sorry I can't be more help 

Devon.
  • Thanks Hostafan1. I have sent them an e-mail. Will let you know if successful.Regards.

If not successful it would be easier to google 'similar potatoes to Cultra' or something like that?  I'm sure there's something out there that you would also enjoy that is a bit easier to source. Good luck.