Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

japanese knotweed

After buying my house and finding the dreaded knotweed I found this solution on ebay a  Japanese knotweed injector I was getting quotes around £2000 to get rid of it! iv heard injecting it right into the plant stem kills it faster . £99 well spent  as most kits are around £350! iv used it for a month with excellent results . its garden friendly as it only kills that plant and nothing else hope this helps some people out who like me started to panic!!

• WelshonionWelshonion Posts: 3,114
    ??99.00 !!!!! Have you tried asking your local pharmacist or vet if he can sell you a plastic syringe? Needles not needed!
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

Methinks this isn't as it seems Welsh...another old thread about knotweed has been resurrected by the same poster....image

and you're right! Those plastic icing syringes would be even better image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • j10j10 Posts: 5

Lol iv thought of that and tried it but this is a continuous syringe I don’t have to fill up I had a lot in my garden plus the needles you get on regular syringes are not suitable for the knotweed injection. This injector is more robust its made out of metal £99 is not a lot when you consider you can’t buy or sell your house with this stuff in your garden. Even though my bank didn’t see it lol

• j10j10 Posts: 5

Iv tried lots of solutions and this is a effective way of dealing with the problem I’m sure there’s lots off people who may be interested as its not a pleasant situation knowing you have it on your land using plastic syringe maybe be a perfectly good way off dealing with it but I found it to be not very easy system to use

• Hi jay iv got some in the back of the garden iv been spraying it for years but it seems to come back iv even cut it, I have been looking into a similar system £99 sounds good if it gets rid of the problem? What sort of results are you getting

Funny how they change their names as soon as someone suspects them of selling something isn't it Welsh?  image

and there's always a few first time poster 'mates' to bump the thread up too! image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

This has all the marks of advert.

1, old threads raked up

2. enthusing about a product on a first post

3. name changing

4. other first posters in support (probably the same person in truth)

5. Waiting til the mods have gone home

Have I missed anythingimage

In the sticks near Peterborough

Not a thing nut! image

If it has webbed feet like a duck, and quacks like a duck....image.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

image  Orange sauce at the ready.