5 messages
08/06/2014 at 13:59
I have just moved into a new flat and have never had a garden before, and previously the back garden had not been cut in over a year. I have cut with a strimmer and then the lawnmower but it is looking very brown and dry. Is there any tips on trying to return it to it's former glory?
08/06/2014 at 14:04

Next time it rains Kevin - it'll spring back 

Once it's greened up , you'll be able to see what else needs done. It'll probably need a bit of weed and feed to get it looking well and if it's compacted it might need spiked to help the  drainage. If it's a bit bare you might need a bit of seed put down. Lots of people here will be able to help you out anyway as time goes on.

08/06/2014 at 14:13

Hi Kevin 

I agree with Fairygirl - it's looking awful because the base of the grass has been hidden from sunlight etc - now it's in the sun it'll start to grow and photosynthesise and produce chlorophyll and turn green.  

Rain, sunshine and regular mowing, at least once a week, will encourage it to green up and thicken out and it'll soon be fine.

As Fairy suggests, a packet of Weed & Feed applied as instructions on the pack will also perk it up no end. 

Enjoy 

08/06/2014 at 17:02
Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Will no doubt have more questions as we go on!

Here's hoping for a green lawn!!
08/06/2014 at 22:33

Its nothing to worry about if all else fails dig it up and you will have a space for plants which in my opinion is far better giving you endless possibilities good luck 

email image
5 messages