Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Lawn plastic mesh reinforcement

Anyone ever used plastic mesh reinforcement on their lawn? 

The part of the lawn that our dogs use can get churned up and muddy during the wet winter with the dogs walking on. I intend laying a new lawn this spring and i'm considering using this mesh which should prevent the problem.

Ideally I need to lay turf rather than seed so that its instant. 

Anyone any experience of using mesh on their lawn?

Last edited: 28 February 2017 22:58:47

• ClaringtonClarington Posts: 4,949

II am following this with interest; like yours Farmer our lawn takes quite the battering over winter with the hound using it as a race track.

• LeadFarmerLeadFarmer Posts: 1,496

Thats pansy face.

Ive seen some on eBay that can be pressed into an existing lawn. I dont want to seed my new lawn as I will have then to keep the dogs off it for a few weeks. Turfing would be better if I can find the right product.

Last edited: 01 March 2017 14:04:06

• Dave HumbyDave Humby Posts: 1,145

There's a few options here LF:

https://www.sure-green.com/products/grass-reinforcement.php

Not used any personally but at the golf club the greenkeepers use the rubber matting version at the end of paths where the wear is high walking on to the grass. Seems very successful but looks expensive and probably OTT for a garden. I know they use pegs to hold the mesh down to stop it riding up and potentially getting caught in the mowers or being a trip hazard.