Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

lawn problems

Hi, I got a new lawn this year and we laid it by turf. It was perfectly fine but i mowed it 2 months later and I think it over cut so there are many yellow patches in my lawn and  It also looks dry. Are there any feeds that I can use in August/September for a lawn less than 6 months old? Please help!

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Don't worry about it - it'll fix itself. Make sure that it doesn't get parched, but other than that leave it be.

The only feeds that you can use now are autumn ones, which will help with root development.

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

The picture shows the grass to be near the pavement so quite possibly dry, in other words put a can of water on the patches each day, it should come back.
    One of the problem with using turf is it may have been in the roll awhile without proper watering, as soon as it goes down you need put a sprinkler on it and water each day for a couple of weeks until the base of the turf has rooted into the prepared soil, even with all the rain this year grass near paves can be dry.
    I use weed and feed from the GC twice a year, a fast feed and weed in Spring well watered in then in Autumn Winter feed and weed, a slow release type of feed as the grass although growing will have slowed down.
    Hope this helps.

Frank.

• ok thanks. The only problem I have currently with using weed and feed and things like that is my lawn nis less than 6 months old so I cannot use them and when I got the turf it already had weeds in it and after we laid it we found out so we could not get a refund! Its ruined my whole gfarden so now I have hundreds of costs coming up to re do it? Is there any soulution yet?