London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 13°C
5 messages
07/05/2012 at 21:00

I am determined to be peat free in my garden if at all possible but my local garden suppliers only sell one type of peat free compost and it isn't that great (seems to be mainly based on bark/wood chippings). I am especially keen to find something suitable to use as a seed compost.

I have been really disappointed at the response from garden centres saying there isn't any call for peat free products; I'm sure this can't be true, can it?

07/05/2012 at 23:07

The top recommendation is New Horizon you can use this web site to find a stockist

http://www.william-sinclair.co.uk/gardening/stockist_locator

08/05/2012 at 07:20

You could try getting in touch with your local council to find out what happens to the green waste collection.  Often the companies that recycle the green waste sell compost to the public.

08/05/2012 at 22:50

Thanks very much. Someone else has recommended New Horizon, so I think I'll give that a try. I'll let you know how I get on.

22/04/2013 at 10:27

How did you get on Hannah?  Are you still using New Horizon or have you found anything else since?

Just about to order some on line becasue the local places' stuff isn't up to much

email image
5 messages