Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

Ashleigh 2

1) I want to plant the climbing rose 'Souvenir du Docteur Jamain' against a N/E facing workshop/shed, the garden is rustic/cottage style, what colour should I paint the shed?

2) Do Dodecatheon plants have leaves in the summer after flowering?

3) Can I put bedding lobelia seedlings on a window sill in an unheated draughty shed now?

Thank you so much in advance

Dovefromabove

1)  Red and green are complementary colours - which means that red will look redder on a green background, so I would paint the shed green.

2) Dodecatheon die down and become dormant through the summer.

3) I think that bedding lobelia seedlings need more protection than they would get in an unheated draughty shed.  

artjak

Ash, looking at the Farrow and Ball paint chart, I would recommend Calke Green. They are pricey, but Johnsons Leyland will do you a very good copy of this colour in much cheaper but still good quality paint.

Ceres
How about painting the shed black?!? Red on black would look really amazing.
Dovefromabove
artjak wrote (see)

Ash, looking at the Farrow and Ball paint chart, I would recommend Calke Green. They are pricey, but Johnsons Leyland will do you a very good copy of this colour in much cheaper but still good quality paint.

That would be a fabulous background to Dr Jamain 

Advertisement

Ashleigh 2

Thank you all, Calke Green is perfect, and thanks for the money saving tip Artjak