Start a new thread

1 to 6 of 6 replies

To cut to the chase neighbours planting is now going to cost me money to put in my bin. It's a monster of a plant and I've cut it back every year for at least as long as being a poster.

It has grown into central heating vents, wrapped around TV dishes...

Can I bag up the cuttings and deposited next door. I plan to choose a day to knock and am going to take a Friends husband with me...

Zoomer44 says:

To cut to the chase neighbours planting is now going to cost me money to put in my bin. It's a monster of a plant and I've cut it back every year for at least as long as being a poster.

It has grown into central heating vents, wrapped around TV dishes...

Can I bag up the cuttings and deposit next door. I plan to choose a day to knock and am going to take a friends husband with me for support.

See original post

Iamweedy

Is this what is known as Russian vine?

"Fallopia aubertii is a species of flowering plant in the knotweed family Polygonaceae. Wikipedia Scientific name: Fallopia baldschuanica den I think you can offer the cuttings back to the neighbours. It is dreadfuly invasive.

I think there are laws to try to protect about neighbours plants invading and damaging your property.

Someone on here should be able to help.

I sympathise, but I believe it is much better to stay on good terms with your neighbours. They will still be there - as will the plant - after your rant. Would it not be possible to ask them for help? Explain your problems and suggest you could solve it together? Most people are more careless than ill willed and perhaps a friendly solution could be found?

We asked a neighbour if we could have some very invasive plants cut back and they were perfectly happy to let us do what we liked. Now things are under control but there has been no argument!

Technically you are supposed to offer anything cut from a neighbours plant back to them so you would be within your rights.

Am I right in guessing that your council is now charging to take away garden waste and that's why you want to now give them the cuttings. if so I would simply politely explain your reasons for no longer wanting to dispose of them yourself.

But re neighbourly relations, would only ask whether this means you won't need to use the council service or will only Ned maybe say bin rather than two? Only because if you do have space in your bins then it would seem a little churlish not to dispose of the cuttings in yours and only give the excess to your neighbours to deal with.

its not the same issue re overhanging plants but my neighbour and I often 'use' each other's paid for garden waste bins when our own our filled (asked and arranged in advance of course) that way we can manage with fewer between us, saving us both money and space.

Advertisement

I don't use my bin any more everything is composted or I take it to the tip. 

I have the neighbour from hell, it's a long story, trust me, nothing is negotiable with him. I estimate about a dozen bags, there's alot to cut back.