Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Mould on Sage plant

Hi, i bought a Sage plant from my local supermarket about a week ago. Its been sitting on a window sill that gets all the sun (should we have any)

Today i noticed white mould on the leaves of the plant.

Any suggestions on what i can do to fix the problem??

• Steve 309Steve 309 Posts: 2,753

I had this last year, too.  Eventually all the old leaves died and new ones grew - which are also affected image  Looks like a powdery mildew to me.  Short of a fungicide, I don't know what to do...but someone will....

By the way, a sage plant will grow into a medium-sized perennial shrub if it's planted in the ground, and I suspect it'll be happier.  Mine's in a pot outdoors, as I don't have much garden - or sun.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532
    Hi if you got it from the live herbs section there is more than one plant there.I would cut off the afected leaves and keep it on the dryish side don't let it stand in water. image
  • Tigs33Tigs33 Posts: 45

Snip off affected leaves and if you don't mind it, sprinkle plant and soil with a fine coating of ground cinnamon. 

• Tigs, what does the cinnamon do?

Makes it taste nicer?

• Tigs33Tigs33 Posts: 45

Ian cinnamon has antifungal properties, I always use it to stop damping off when planting seeds.  Nice and natural too. 

Sounds like a brilliant idea - I'll try that.  Its soil is prob too wet as well.