Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Move it now?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

I reckon it'll be fine hollie. Decent rootball and all the normal procedure. I think you'll get flowers too - they're quite forgiving usually image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • darren636darren636 Posts: 666
    If its yet to show a flower bud , I'd move it, roots go pretty deep though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,277
  • seacrowsseacrows Posts: 234

I started out with one blue one and one double white one about 8 years ago. I now have 20 or so self-seeded, but they are all dusky pink! I must have weeded out easily a hundred or so by now.

I agree with Fairygirl though, if you're going to move one take a big rootball with it. Mine always swoon like a Victorian miss immediately after being moved and need plenty of watering in.

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    I love that..swoon like a Victorian miss!

I have lots in the garden here, mostly grown from seed, never seen one self seed, nothing self seeds here, don't know why, marigold sometimes do, and lots of little foxgloves, but not much else.

I had some aquilegia chewed by vine weevil last year, and my daughters were completely eaten by tiny green caterpillars.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

I find the best way to germinate them is to sow immediately the seeds pods split open in the Autumn in a seed tray and overwinter them in the tray.  They can be a bit stubborn if collected and then sown in spring.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.