Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

netting brassicas

Hi Has anyone have any advice on netting brassicas with veggiemesh Thanks

• LilylouiseLilylouise Posts: 1,013

Before we had our new frames my hubby made a frame with sturdy bamboo canes with an empty yoghurt drink pot on top of each then draped the netting over and pegged it down with hooks made from some heavy duty wire

Pam x

These are our cages with the canes and bamboo

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/streptocarpus/garden200609006.jpg

These are our cages covered with enviromesh

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/streptocarpus/garden2006-1.jpg

Hope this helps

Pam x

• chicken!chicken! Posts: 16

Fantastic thank you, will get hubby working on another project

• Hello lilylouise,

I love your husband's use of yoghurt drink pots to keep the mesh suspended on the sticks. I usually fix some horizontal bamboo to my verticals, but I'm going to try your method next time.

Emma

gardenersworld.com team

I am pleased you like it Emma image Yoghurt drink pots are very useful as cane toppers - they don't fall of like small flowerpots do image Barry started a trend using the yoghurt pots on the allotment - now there is a sea of them image

I am pleased you like it Emma image Yoghurt drink pots are very useful as cane toppers - they don't fall of like small flowerpots do image Barry started a trend using the yoghurt pots on the allotment - now there is a sea of them image

Pam x

Sorry I posted the message twice image

chicken! wrote (see)

Fantastic thank you, will get hubby working on another project

Pleased to help !image

Pam x

• jude5jude5 Posts: 65

I've used tennis balls to construct a bamboo framed fruit cage, quite hard to make holes in but very effective and relatively cheap, will be interesting to see how it holds up in the strong winds forecast over the next couple of days!