Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

OLD MAN TULIPS

pashpash Posts: 109

Hi, never been a great fan of tulips, but colour was needed as the daffs began to fade, so, i bit the bullet and 36 bulbs found a new home, planted in november 6in deep with a little compost and well watered in i thought see you in the spring.  Well,  all have become fully flowered, and in the colour chosen, the problem is all but 2 are bent over double with their heads resting gently on the soil,??? No pest damage, no virus, could it be just saturated heads with all this rain, any ideas, thanks

• Alina WAlina W Posts: 1,445

Yes, it could be, especially if they are some of the big-headed varieties, like parrots. You could try shaking them gently, although a bit of sun may do the job for you.

• MuddyForkMuddyFork Posts: 435

I have found that they will bend if cold.  Left alone they stand up again as the day warms up.

• YviehYvieh Posts: 85

Hi Pash,

I've had the same happen with some of the big headed varieties, in particular.  I gently shake some of the water off, and when dryer, they stand back up again.

Yvie

• pashpash Posts: 109

thanks for the replies, i shall get outside an shake it???