London (change)
Today 9°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 3°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
14/07/2014 at 14:01

Found my orignal posting, so as an update the olive tree is amazing this year, I took the advise from Matty2, BusyBee 2, Dove from above, and Foodie 40.  I left it in the south-facing very open porch and kept it nearly dry all winter.  I was going to bubblewrap the pot but we only had frost about 4 times.  It has rewarded me with lots of leaves and flowers, and didn't shed any leaves during winter.

I have just made a video of the repotting to go on youtube for our gardening club.  I repotted as per advise - repotted it into gritty compost with some JI, and will not put it indoors again.  Sited it against a heat retaining red-brick house wall hoping the flowers will turn to olives!

photo attached, not sure my position agiant the hous

e wall shows off it's best attributes....

14/07/2014 at 15:37

The close-up of the flowers which will hoepfully turn into olives- fingers crossed... anyone in the UK with Olives on their Olive tree?, or France.....any photos?

14/07/2014 at 15:52

Brilliant - it's looking great 

14/07/2014 at 18:05

Hi dizzylizzy, mine looks like this. Not sure if its olives tho 

10/04/2015 at 19:41

Hello Olive Lovers, 

I am quite new olive carer, however, I have found an useful information here:

10/04/2015 at 19:42

Hello Olive Lovers,

I am quite new olive carer, however, I found useful information here:

03/06/2015 at 11:33

Hi all

like you I love olive trees I have had several over the years lost all in 2010 due to vey low long term temperatures. 

I have an indoor one currently in wheel house all glass but solid roof facing east does not det much direct sun but gets strong sunlight for 7 hours a day in summer, it's currently showing many yellow leaves but tops look healthy is this normal or is it suffering from not enough direct sun?

email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages