Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Osteospurmum buds not opening

I have 2 osteospurmum in tubs in sunny spot, they were full of flowers when I bought them and deadheaded them as soon as the flowers died.I was happy to see lots more flower buds coming but now instead of opening they seem to have dried up and gone brown. I have watered them regularly and the plants look OK, just no flowers, what went wrong? Thanks

• AJBAJB Posts: 49
    Oops spelt it wrong too! image

It's not every day I find I've been too kind to something, wonder if they would be better in the garden rather than a tub (which contains compost)
    labels were a bit vague (from a charity sale) they seem quite compact, but then that could be because they are confined to the tubs.
  • HeftyHefty Posts: 370

i have the same issue but with various plants

is this what u mean? = http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/problem-solving/various-problems--pics-included/765169.html

Yes, thats exactly what's happened, so disappointed haven't fed them, but maybe they don't like the compost in the tub. Bought them at a charity bedding plant sale so just planted them up with marigolds in tubs, marigolds are ok but no flowers on the Osteospermums.
    No one seems to know what this is image

hey i thought  may like to know - i think it was something to do with too much nutrients in the soil, as now mine have started to flower again properly (on all the effected plants) so i think the excess has now been used up

hope that makes sense

how are your plants doing ?

Thanks, Hefty, nice to know. I'm going to put mine in the garden when the rain stops! I can't see any new buds on them yet,

bad news - ive worked out its honey fungus.......

google it..