London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
6 messages
13/05/2013 at 16:58

hi does any one know if its too late for my pear tree to flower?

13/05/2013 at 18:05

If it hasn't got any buds yet it's probably not going to flower this spring.  How old is it?

13/05/2013 at 18:06

Mine's flowering now.

13/05/2013 at 18:59

debbie9, I see you live in Swindon; I am in Norfolk and my pear tree has flowered; but you may have some unusual veriety that flowers later, also everything is a bit late this year because of weird weather. Don't give up quite yet

14/05/2013 at 08:44

thankyou for the replies my tree is at least five years old i did have fruit a couple of years ago but the tree was smothered buy a bush that i removed last year it also had apart of the tree that was not flowering at all which looked like it was different looking to the part that did have fruit so i removed it completely the rest of the tree has come on well has lots of leaves hoping it will prduce flowers yet

14/05/2013 at 08:59

My pears are flowering now.  A friend has an orchard....I planted it 15 years ago..and her pears are in full blossom now.  Several apple trees are burgeoning with flowers and what a wonderful sight.  We put in a few camellias too that are floweriing now.  Bluebells and forget me nots with primulas complete a very satisfying scene. (in the distance one can see St Michaels Mount)

Sorry Debbie, got distracted there. Check for buds.  If they are there you will get blossom soon ..otherwise you will have to wait for next year. It will probably produce more blossom ...therefore more fruit......next year by not flowering now

email image
6 messages