Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plant food

I,ve never used plant food except specific rose feed and tomato feed which I put on everything that flowers, wondering if I should get a general feed or fertiliser what would be best? I also have lots of greenfly and yucky red and black fly too,  been spraying off buds with water which had some effect should it get a prepared spray of use soapy water, really want ladybirds to set them, we have a few, would like more, I only want to use organic products,any advice?

• ElusiveElusive Posts: 992

Tomato feed is great for all flowering plants, especially if it has seaweed extracts in it.

Soapy water is the best organic method for aphids, pretty effective too.

• flowering roseflowering rose Posts: 1,632

grow your own ,comfrey ,nettle and use sea weed.All are free and what the bought bottles of tomatoe feed are,and all are organic and you know what goes into it.

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

I've been putting tea on my acid loving plants, it must be working as my Azalea is flowering for the first time and my Camellia seems happier after looking a little 'sad'.  Other than that I have Blood Fish and Bone, Rose food and Tomato food ready for use image

• Hi

I have an outside tomato plant, does it need pinching out the same as greenhouse  toms?  image

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

What type of tomato plant is it?

Time is an issue with me brewing my own too, I just about have enough time to do the gardening image I can manage to brew the tea though when making mine image

• rosemummyrosemummy Posts: 2,010

Time and space two tiny gardens two tiny children brewing my own out at the moment, I brew my own lip balm hand cream and lots of cakes that,ll have to do for now, thanks for answers think will get b f b and some iron for camellia as suggested and continue with tomato and rose food

Rosemummy, if you have any lip balm or hand cream leftover I'd buy it off you image I but a natural one at the moment.