London (change)
Today 17°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
8 messages
06/04/2013 at 15:13

no sign of growth on my newly planted plum tree yet (end of last year) and some branches are coated with green.  Is there a problem or is it just too early?

06/04/2013 at 15:50

Hi Ina, it's still a bit early for many varieties of plum, particularly the late cropping ones.  Hopefully you have small buds visible?  What variety is it?

06/04/2013 at 16:53

The green is probably moss or lichen, shows you have little air pollution. No sign of buds on ours either.

06/04/2013 at 17:45

Patience  Every day this week I've gone out to my new pear tree and gooseberry bushes planted early last winter, and I've looked for swelling buds - today I think I noticed a difference - but it might have been wishful thinking 

06/04/2013 at 17:48

Our plum buds are just starting to break - but only started this week.  I also found they were slower to get going the first year they were planted - but maybe because I was anxiously checking them every time I walked out the door .  In the second year you get much more relaxed !

25/06/2013 at 19:29

I have a plum tree, bought last year. There is an abundance of leaves and we saw one or two blossoms a little while ago. There is no sign of any fruit, and the leaves look as though they are starting to curl up. Any suggestion on what I can do to improve matters.

01/07/2013 at 20:30

awww man, im fed up with my fruit trees, including plum. my plum tree was doing great then i noticed some fruits and leaves drying up so i snipped the branch off, i have now noticed it happening lower down. i have been watering every day as they are in pots and dry very easily, could i have given them too much blood fish and bone, at theend of my tether here.

01/07/2013 at 20:44

Hi wilbur - can you post some pics of your fruit trees - some showing the whole tree and some with close ups of fruit and leaves - click on the picture of the tree on the toolbar above where you type the message and follow the instructions 

email image
8 messages