Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Hello, from the past few days leaves of my pothos are curling and its stem is also becoming loose. Why this is happening? Please guide. Please see the pic.

Thanks Tetley for reply. I live in india and here the temp is arond 25-30 degree celcius. So the atmosphere is still not that cold. So do u still think that this pothos is feeling the cold. Other pothos are going normal. Also i have seen videos that whenever leaves are curling or drooping then that is the sign of underwatering. Please guide.😊

Last edited: 27 November 2016 11:42:05

Pete8

Hi Alkesh - I agree with Chrissy. It looks like very heavy soil in your pot - the roots need to breathe air as well as drink.
You need to use compost ('potting compost' in the UK), not soil for your plant to do well.
Once you have your plant in some compost, it will need a feed now and then.
Pothos doesn't like direct sunlight, so keep it somewhere with good light but not direct sunlight.
In India I'm sure it's warm enough to grow very happily outdoors.

Thanks crissy, i have used Mainly riverbed soil, little normal soil and menure.

Last edited: 28 November 2016 09:01:30

Advertisement

Hi tetley, i water it when i feel that the top of soil is dry by touching the top soil. There are six holes below and it drains well. 

I live in Brighton, UK and have my silver pothos in a pot hanging near a window - a bright spot but no direct sunlight.  About half of the leaves have always curled. I mist it occasionally and it does grow, but even new leaves curl.  I used a good-quality houseplant compost and filtered water.
Apparently the photo function on this website is not working.

Posting again with photos.  
I live in Brighton, UK and have my silver pothos in a pot hanging near a window - a bright spot but no direct sunlight.  About half of the leaves have always curled. I mist it occasionally and it does grow, but even new leaves curl.  

I used a good-quality compost and filtered water.  The leaves just curl -- they do not wilt and die.

Last edited: 19 June 2017 12:30:10