Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Problem Pelargoniums

I have lifted some Pelargoniums from my borders, re potted them and brought them indoors for the winter. In a few days they have shrivelled up and died. any one got any ideas why? Thanks

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,065

Too sudden a heat change?  Maybe you broke up the roots too much when you potted them and they couldn't recover? 

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato
  • Ok thanks A lot. I'll bare that in mind. I've got a few more to try. I think you could be right about the roots. I did seem to break quite a few off when I dug them up.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

I am not a plant scientist, but it seems to me that there is a great difference between 'bedding ' pelagoniums and 'potting' ones. I once made the mistake of putting the bedding ones in pots and got far more leaf than flowers. I have not bought the bedding varieties since, The type that I get are very amenable to unheated conservatory (except boiler is there) and slightly heated greenhouse in the winter. Your house may be too warm.