London (change)
Today 15°C / 11°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 12°C
6 messages
27/06/2014 at 18:14

I have had a Paul's red climber for a few years growing on the side of my greenhouse on trellis. It has always been healthy and flowered Really well. This year there were virtually no leaves and those that were there fell off and no flower buds either. It looks really sorry for itself . I had the same with two small standard roses in my front garden . Everyone else's roses seem to be magnificent . Help !!!!!

27/06/2014 at 18:16

Hi Wendy

Were the leaves covered in  powdery mildew before they fell off?  I've seen Paul's Scarlet Climber really laid low by this on occasions.  We've had quite a long dry spell which would have made it susceptible. 

10/07/2014 at 21:06

hi wendy , try watering it with vitamin c ,just get the fizzy ones pop them in water leave for 20mins or so and water them mine have produced loads of bloom this year....

11/07/2014 at 09:10

Thanks I have never heard of that but will give it a go. It looks very poorly at the moment 

11/07/2014 at 09:17

Mine had mildew some years ago, caught from a grape vine, I sprayed it every week and made sure it was well fed and watered. Now it's really healthy. I think it used to get quite dry in the sun against the house and now I water it more it's better.

11/07/2014 at 09:19

Roses love food! Have you fed it at all? My climber was getting the same as yours and I've been feeding it tomorite since late May and it's coming on leaps and bounds

email image
6 messages