Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Rabbits

Does anyone know a way of deterring rabbits from my garden. They dig up any plants I put in or go for the roots!

• MarilynTMarilynT Posts: 18

Hi - We have a rabbit warren at the end of our garden.  When the rabbits were first a problem I wire fenced most of the flower and vegetable beds.  Eventually we found the only way of dealing with the rabbits was to dig a trench around the garden and sink chicken wire (or similar) in an 'L' shape into it.  Our gates are also covered in the same, and hung so there is minimal gap at the bottom.   However, where we have a hedgerow and trees down one side we still have a chicken wire barrier but it is only pegged at the base. Along some parts of this wire fencing the rabbits did get through and caused havoc.  We eventually found we were filling in their holes with concrete and that has worked so far.  We don't have a rabbit trained dog, but this might be another option.

As much as we love gardening, it often seems there is something trying to challenge us...

• redrob1redrob1 Posts: 1

Get some one in to control the pesky wabbits

• Rabbits are a big problem here in rural France.  The only control method because most properties are surrounded by farmland is to contact the local hunting group.  I have read that urine sprayed around the boundaries deters foxes, wonder if it applies to rabbits as well?