London (change)
Today 17°C / 14°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 10°C
6 messages
02/01/2013 at 23:07

Hi, as you can see my problem isnt aboutplants but about the huge amount of plant pots I have in my garage. I need to do a big clear out, but have phoned a local garden centre who used to take the pots to recycle but now dont.   I do have too many to put in my recycling box.  Can anyone give me any idea where I can take these locally, I live in Oxfordshire or do I just have to unfortunately take them to the tip which does seem a shame.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.  Julieh2

02/01/2013 at 23:16
My local garden centre won't re-use them, as they say it risks spread of disease, even though I would be returning the ones I had used to bring home the plants purchased from them. They do however provide a large crate at the end of their car park where customers can put in used pots and other customers who don't mind using old ones can take them away. Makes complete sense as why pay for new pots in the GC when there is a free supply in the car park! I wash old pots in the dishwasher and they come up like new. A little bit of dirt hurts no one. My wife doesn't know!
02/01/2013 at 23:26

Try using freecycle advert

02/01/2013 at 23:40

I bought a load from a charity shop, you could try them.

and one local garden centre has a box where anyone can put pots and help them selves if they need some.

03/01/2013 at 19:46

The garden centers re-cyle them and I often take pots off people so as I can give [plants away in pots with out depleting my supply.

03/01/2013 at 20:11

I advertised a several black bags full on Freecycle last year and was inundated with replies from people wanting them.

email image
6 messages