Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Rozanne

I have 2 Rozanne plants. Both have plenty of leaves but few flowers on each. Last year both flowered beautifully. I I've cared for them as I did last year. Any ideas for the lack of flowers or am I worrying for nothing!!

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 241

Hi,

I have some in tubs and others in open ground, the one in tubs started flowering about 2 weeks ago, the open ground lots only now have started showing buds!

Keep the faith they should start sometime soon!

Cheers!

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352
    Don't know where you are Fluffy but we've had a long cold spring in Suffolk & the garden is about 2 weeks behind last year. Rozanne only just starting to bud up here - flowers a couple of weeks away I think image
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I have one rozanne flower. I actually thought I had lost it.most of my other geraniums have been flowering for some time. Some have finished and I cut them down.

• JIMMMYJIMMMY Posts: 241

I also have Lilac Ice an offshoot of Rozanne, it has lots of buds but very few flowers so far!

• TooeyTooey Posts: 95

I've got 2 sweet heidi geraniums which are only just showing signs of flower buds. I was getting a bit worried they wouldn't flower but I guess the cold weather has slowed them dowm

• Fluffy CloudFluffy Cloud Posts: 200

Thank you all. Am in Essex. I'll have to be patient! So encouraging from all the responses

Verdun..your advice on using epson salts on the daphne have shown great results.

Verdun...No I don't think I have caterpillars on Rozanne. The foliage looks healthy.

• BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Posts: 11,384

Most of my perennial geraniums including Rozanne are also only just coming into flower so I think it will be fine, fluffy. image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Fluffy CloudFluffy Cloud Posts: 200

Thanks for your comment Bob The Gardener.