Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Secure Garden Shed

Hello everybody. I've recently seen a shed called Daylight Secure advertised in the back of the Gardener's World, and it's featured in this month's RHS magazine too-

The Shed For Gardeners | Brodco – Innovative Garden Products

Having called them last week to ask a few questions I'm quite keen on one, but it is a lot of money to spend without seeing one first. I was wondering if anybody has bought one, and what their opinion is of it?

Please help! image 

• Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

Hi Dave, they look good dont they, a friend of mine has 3 of them,the problem we both found was  with shed ,garage etc security is as we all know, as a  lock only stops an honest man,iv just had an approach light fitted to the garage that need not wake the neighbourhood as i can point it almost as close to the actual doors as i want ,i will do the same for the new shed when we get it,pointed a little high so animals dont activate it, yes we think they work well,  good luck Dave 

• Like Alan said, If they want in, they get in.

I have a wooden shed which I built from scratch, the hinges are hidden away behind the lapped timber and I used round head bolts attached inside so there is no chance of anyone using a spanner. A good lock is also only as good as the bracket its attached to.

If they are so expensive, it might be worth just buying a cheaper shed and fortifying it and saving lots of cash

plus I think they look like a Tardis toilet

• BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Hey, I've never seen a Tardis toilet - fascinating idea ……..

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267

Is all that security necessary and worth the cost for what you plan to store in there. 

• Bookertoo, you gotta be kidding me?

They are literally a toilet that looks like a toilet, not very nice!!
  • Bookertoo, you gotta be kidding me?

They are literally a toilet that looks like a tardis,not very nice!!
  • BookertooBookertoo Posts: 1,306

Sounds very odd indeed, but as I've not seen one I find it hard to imagine - I loved the Tardis and hoped that the loo looked like the police box - but from your reaction I guess not!!

• At £1700 for the 8x6 they need to be good. Get a good wooden one and spend the difference on a good lock. I'd only have one if I could hide it somewhere!

• Forester2Forester2 Posts: 1,477

I would be worried that the whole shed plus contents would be nicked at that price.image