London (change)
Today 12°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 8°C
61 to 65 of 65 messages
14/07/2015 at 11:06

My neighbor  has a gravel only drive . and never uses roundup  , NONE of this stuff on his drive to date .  So  round up and its generic derivatives is a common denominator here . .   .

if it is a bacterium  then the pool algacides would be of no use ?

or copper ,? 

23/07/2015 at 05:52

I'm in Ohio and have been fighting this stuff for years and had the same conclusion that Round Up plays a roll in this problem but definitely worse if applied to exposed  clay soil.   I did try vinegar on a small area  and it did seem to inhibit the growth but was concerned with how it would effect the plants around so never used it on a larger scale ...I have just been picking it up and putting it in a bag in the garbage  but it just expands to more and more areas.  I'd love an easier SAFE solution , sounds like after reading through all this, that acidifying the soil  and perhaps contacting ROUND-UP might help ? ? 

01/11/2015 at 23:26
I have it in my yard and we live in ireland all thats been done so far is scrape it away when sun shines but then it increases when it rains any advice ?
13/11/2015 at 15:56

We have the wretched stuff down here in Cornwall as well !!!   Most pronounced after rain and spreading like crazy - also, appeared in strength not long after using Round-up !

It's on a stone chipping yard so not easy to clean up.  Very unsightly and slippery.

Will advise if we come across anything that gets rid of it.

Yesterday at 14:29
I have been told that appears in places that are sprayed. Also I was told to sprinkle biological washing powder on it and the rain will wash it in.
email image
61 to 65 of 65 messages