London (change)
Today 15°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 7°C
6 messages
pc2
09/04/2013 at 13:14
we have a steep sloping front garden it is grass up the slope and shingle stones on the top of it there are steps running up one side of it that have to remain there what can we do to make it look better without spending alot
09/04/2013 at 13:54
Well there are quite a few plants that would look good on a slope, for example ornamental grasses, flowering bulbs, maybe bearded iris at the top near the shingle stones. The top's going to be drier than the bottom, so that's a consideration as well.

But maybe you could give a few more details..e.g. size of the slope, soil type, aspect, whether you want to keep the grass etc.
09/04/2013 at 14:15

I could go on for hours about ideas...but I'll save you some pain.  I've found a good link which has more than 9 pages of visual ideas of sloping gardens.

You might find this more inspirationally as opposed to words. I have to say, some fab ideas....and they don't have to cost the earth. Just needs a creative mind. 

http://www.houzz.com/residential-steep-slope-landscaping

pc2
09/04/2013 at 15:35
thank you so much will get more details and add
09/04/2013 at 15:50

I'd like to cut in some little terraces or just a spades worth of ledge and then anything trailing say petunia's falling down the slope 

pc2
09/04/2013 at 15:50
size of slope
25 degree angle
5ft upwards
15 ft across
all grass
Not worried if we keep grass or not
clay soil
top is 15ft x 12ft laid to aggregate with weed suppresant underneath
email image
6 messages