Forum home Problem solving
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Slug nematodes

Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

I used slug nematodes as the soil was damp and the use by date was close. It said on the pack that you should keep the soil moist for two weeks afterwards but not waterlogged. Considering how wet everything is do you think they will be ineffective?

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

Hiya KEF. If the slugs are alive, then it should work. If they are not, then you have won anyway.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border
  • Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Thanks Pdoc, slugs deffo alive, I wondered if nematodes were critters that drowned. Still got beer traps on the go but have nematoded veg area and hosta bed...they prob' have drowned as I have a few drowned worms image

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Thanks Verdun, certainly not over dry image

• Flora rosaFlora rosa Posts: 262

Hi, I've been using for a few years now and they work best in pots; you will always get a few on open ground but the last lot I watered in open ground a week ago, with my potted on seedlings, is really keeping them at bay - some good growth happening (just been out inspecting lol) . They also seem to keep the snail population under control! Not killing all but I do seem to have less snails.