Start a new thread
Fun and games for me trying to get those smileys. Just can't manage it. I know this has been explained before but any.....simple.....advice folks? I have iPad and desktop.
Bunny ...
When you reply to a message ,/typing one there are a row of icons in your say for changing bold ness , toe , inserting image (tree) and smiley face. If you click on that smiley you get that standard one or click the down arrow beside which brings up other options. It doesn't work with IPad , I just use text type on mine ..
(colon capital D)
Bunny ...
That's should say type not toe..

I assume if can see them , your settings show smileys is on .. colon closed bracket , colon open bracket semi colon close bracket
Thanks bunny. Doesn't seem to work for me

Advertisement

Bunny ...
Yes Geoff semi colon closed bracket heeee

Can you see the ions Verdun ?

When you posted pics other day you clocked on the tree to upload image ? Smiley face left of that ?
Bunny ...
If you are on ipad Verdun you won't see the smileys as an icon or the tree for uploading images . Pc or laptop works.
Leggi
There isn't an option to insert smileys on an iPhone or iPad, you can guess some but it would be useful if the smart technical people would change the settings for us to be able to use the site in full.
BobTheGardener
Leggi wrote (see)
There isn't an option to insert smileys on an iPhone or iPad, you can guess some but it would be useful if the smart technical people would change the settings for us to be able to use the site in full.

Yes, someone should contact Apple and tell them to make their devices work with existing standards!

See.....I is feeling left out! It's ok, I'll be ok........probably
Bunny ...
I have no idea why yours won't work Verdun. Do you see the icons , one being the tree or not ?
Bunny, will work it out. Thanks
sotongeoff

Verdun you need to experiment with the colons etc-thesmilies will not show till after your press submit

Bunny ...
I'm expecting a full page of smileys tomorrow from Verdun

Advertisement

The potty gardener
Bunny.. wrote (see)
I'm expecting a full page of smileys tomorrow from Verdun

I would rather see more pics of the garden

TinaTurner

Verdun I am not very technically minded but found that unless you have 'Advanced Editor' rather than 'Basic Editor' set on your Forum Settings, the smilies, etc, are not an option. Well, not for me they're not.