I don't see any slugs, but we do have mice and squirrels in the garden. Could it be either one of these or something else. I understood snowdrops to be toxic and thought nothing would touch them.
It could be slugs they will hide during the day or insects theres not much growing at the moment so they will make a beeline for ant fresh new growth. Its the bulbs that are most toxic. did you know Cancer reserch are using the bulbs of snowdrops and certain parts of daffodils for a cure for some types of cancer
Doubt that it is slugs-too cold or has been
Birds sometimes go for crocus-a possibility??
Wouldn't think mice or squirrels would be interested in the flowers
Thanks for taking time to reply. Just new to this site. Some good ideas there. Thanks!