London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
4 messages
21/03/2013 at 09:06

hello all,

i have a large area that im going to try and grass. the area last year was skimmed with a digger when we had a patio done (this was prob the time to do it), but now its had 10 months to start sprouting weeds and other things. its not over grown, whats there now is only 6 inch or so high.

My idea was to get a rotavator, turn it all over, as its a bit uneven cause of the digger tracks, stomp all over it to flatten, then seed it. Ive chosen seed cause of cost and im in no rush for it. also i dont want a perfect green area, was going to add the odd medowy type flowers anyway.

Could anyone tell me if this would work or if there is another way.

Thanks in advance for any help

Lyn
21/03/2013 at 09:38

I think that will work Tommy, get it nice and flat, spread the seeds on, (go by the box for the ammounts, I am not sure), then rake them gently in.  As someone said on a Farmers prog on the radio some time back, "the secret of a good lay is a flat bottom" ! the prog went dead for just a second, as you can inagine.

21/03/2013 at 09:51

Sounds good to me. Might have to wait a bit if you're as wet as we are. Needs a bit of warmth to get going as well, not a lot but more than we've got now.

21/03/2013 at 19:16
email image
4 messages