London (change)
Today 17°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 15°C / 9°C
21 to 25 of 25 messages
25/08/2013 at 10:59

Glad it's not just me that's going to have a cupboard full of green tomato chutney this year!!!  Looking on the bright side though - that's a few contributions to village tombolas / charity fundraisers / small 'thank you' gifts sorted out for the next year

(Gardener's Delight - grown outside - lots of fruit but just 2 red tomatoes so far which the squirrels or mice pinched before I got there )

31/08/2013 at 18:45

For the first year ever I bought tomato plants from jersy rather than my own seed . I bought 6 plants and ended up with 30 odd plants  by planting on the bits I remove from the leaf axels . (Cordon ) They are sweet  , a lovely tomato and were ready 10 weeks after planting in pots I have been picking tomatoes from end of June . I shall do the same next year 

31/08/2013 at 20:05

Which variety were they lucky?

02/09/2013 at 14:54

Italophile - sorry for delay but I'm also not getting notified of replies to my posts/comments so I need to check this out.

Its the suckers I've allowed to grow??? I've been told they are side shoots???

02/09/2013 at 15:18

Granny, the email notifications seem to come in fits and starts.

Suckers, side shoots, same things, different names. There's nothing wrong with letting a couple of them grow. I just wasn't clear how many actual branches you had growing off your main stem.

email image
21 to 25 of 25 messages